Elecspires is the technical Association of the Electrical and Electronics Dept. of VKCET. It aims at encouraging the students to improve their technical skills and to provide ample opportunities for realizing their ideas. A variety of technical activities are organized by the association which is coordinated by the students with the guidance of staff members. This helps them to improve their leadership and management skills.
The Association was formally inaugurated on 10th February 2012 by Prof. M. Raveendran Nair,(Rtd. Deputy Chief Engineer KSEB). In association with the inaugural function "Power Expo" was arranged. Students exhibited various working and still models to demonstrate the recent developments in Electrical Engineering. Inter collegiate quiz competition, paper presentation and project presentation were conducted as a part of the inauguration.
The second year of association started with a medical camp at Parippally in association with Travancore Medicity on 24-03-2013. A technical fest was also conducted on 26th and 27th March 2013. "Power Expo" was arranged this year also in addition to the contributions from students, organizations like VSSC, KSEB, KEL, ANERT, PLANETARIUM, etc. participated in the expo and shared a lot of information. Intercollegiate competitions were conducted this year also. Intercollegiate 'science quiz', including Arts and Science Colleges was also conducted as a part of Tech Fest.
- Stress and importance given to quality education on a par with good results in the University Examinations.
- Well qualified academically and industrially experienced teaching faculty specialized in the various domains of EEE including, Power Systems, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics, Control Systems and Embedded Systems
- Well-stocked Department Library.
- Well-furnished classrooms with the most modern teaching facilities.
- Individual care is given to students in academic as well as non-academic activities.
- Placement training and career guidance are offered to all the students.
- Software like Auto CAD, Archi CAD, STAAD Pro, Total Station, GIS.
- Electrical association, "ELECSPIRES" aims at encouraging the EEE students to realize their technical ideas and improve their management skills.