Computer Science Engineering
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is one of the most sought after course in engineering. The field of CSE integrates computer engineering and computer science. The program teaches the basics of computer programming and networking, comprises a plethora of course contents. They study programming languages, program design, computation, design and development of algorithms, computer software and hardware. Computer science engineers are involved in many aspects of computing, from the design of individual microprocessors, personal computers and supercomputers to circuit designing and writing software that powers them.
In this 21 century the most booming fields like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, the Internet of Things, Quantum Computing and Block Chains, Computer Science Engineers are the need of the hour.
Computer Science engineering deals with design, implementation, and management of information system of both software & hardware processes.
Who should study Computer Science Engineering
Students who are excited by new technologies and software and who are ready to always learn something new should take up CSE. This will help them lead to a successful future. The students who would like to solve hard problems inside and outside of their career should go for Computer Science Engineering.
Students opting for CSE should possess or develop skills like Analytical skills, Problem solving skills, Critical thinking, Creativity, Good Programming Skills, Strong Data Structures and Algorithms skills, Basic web development knowledge, Basics of Machine Learning, Basics of security, vulnerabilities and cryptography and have the ability to grasp knowledge quickly.
What are the career opportunities after the completion of this course? What will I do once I graduate?
- There has always been a wide scope and sea of opportunities for CSE professionals. Much of this excitement is due to the dramatic pace at which the IT industry is growing. Major IT companies such as TCS, CTS, IBM, Infosys, and Wipro are always on a talent hunting spree.
- The exponential growth of computational needs of modern business at global level has created immense requirements for CSE professionals. At present, every sixth person in world is employed in CSE industry in one way or the other. Advanced technologies like ‘cloud computing’ will create more lucrative opportunities both in India and abroad.
- Students with computer science degrees work as programmers or computer systems analysts, helping to build and maintain complex technological systems. Some of the job profiles are a Software Developer, System Designer, Software Engineer Research Analyst.
- Some of the highly paid job profiles like Data Scientist and Machine Learning experts are on the rise.
Common Specializations of Computer Science and Engineering are:-
- Software Engineering
- Data Science & Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Cyber Security
- Mobile and Web Computing
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Cloud Computing
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Information Systems & Management
- Information Security
- Forensic Security