RULES AND REGULATIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
|All the personal belongings such as textbooks, notebooks, files, briefcases, umbrellas etc. Should be kept at the property counter. However calculator and plain paper for taking down notes can be brought inside the Library.|
|The Library is kept open on all working days from 8.30 am to 6.00 pm. On Saturdays and during vacations the working hours will be from 9 am to 5 pm.|
|All the users have to register their entry in the register kept at the Entrance.|
|Strict silence should be observed inside the Library. The member must show his / her identity card when demanded by the Library staff.|
|Writing or underlining in the books, Periodicals, maps etc. are not allowed.|
|The person in whose name a book / periodical is issued will be held responsible for the care of the same. He will have to bear the compensation for any damage or loss.|
|Members are eligible for borrowing maximum number of books from the library as follows:-
|Period of loan for user is as follows:-
a) Students-fifteen days
b) Faculty-Thirty days
|The period of loan will be 15 days including the day of issue. If a member fails to return the book on the 16th day, a fine of Re. 1/- per day per book will be levied thereafter for a week. From the second week onwards a fine of Rs. 5/- per book will be levied. If a student is absent on medical ground the payment of fine will be waived if recommended by the concerned Head of the Department. Concerned no further issue of books will be made till all the dues are cleared.|
|Before leaving the issue counter the member must satisfy them selves as to whether the books lent to him/her is in sound condition and if not he/she must immediately bring the matter to the notice of the library staff at the issue counter. Otherwise he/she will be held responsible for any damage discovered afterwards.
1) A book, which is temporarily on special demand, may be lent for a shorter period than 15 days. The librarian may at any time terminate loans.
2) Group discussions, combined studies etc. are strictly prohibited inside the library.
3) No food and drink may be brought in to the library.
4) Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the issued books again inside the library.
5) Members are not allowed to sub-lend the books borrowed from the Library.
6) No book shall be issued which in the opinion of the Librarian is not in sufficiently good condition for safe handling.
7) Periodicals are regarded as reference books.
8) New books received will be displayed for a fortnight on a separate shelf. These are available for issue at the end of the fortnight.
9) If a book/ books borrowed from the library is/ are lost, the matter must be reported to the librarian immediately. The member has to replace the same of later edition of the same book lost / damaged within a week's time. If the replacement is not possible the following will be the procedure to recover the cost of the book lost/ damaged.
(a).For a foreign book : The cost of book converted as per the current conversion rate of the foreign currency plus 300% of the cost.
(b).For an Indian book: Printed price of the book plus 300% of the price.
(c). Periodicals: Same as above (a) and (b)